There are many different brands of breast pumps available online nowadays. Because of this wide selection it can be very difficult to choose the breast pump that’s right for you and your lifestyle.
When considering which breast pump to buy, consider the tips below and when looking at breast pump review sites remember to read the comments left by other users. Their insights and experiences can be invaluable.
* Ability – How effective is the pump? How well is it able to draw milk from the breast? As a general rule of thumb, the closer the pump speed (pumps per minute) and suction strength matches a nursing baby the better at expressing milk it will be.
* Double of Single Pump? – As the name suggests a single pump lets you pump one breast at a time. Double pumps allow you to express milk from both simultaneously. This helps to stimulate milk production and also shortens the time needed to pump as both breasts are pumped at the same time. Haakaa Silicone Breast Pump & Silicone Cap 5.4oz/150ml B07G4DZBS5
* Comfort – The ability to adjust the pump’s cycle speed (pumps per minute) and vacuum strength is essential to achieving an acceptable level of comfort while expressing.
* Noise – Some pump motors can be noisy. Consider this if you’re concerned about discretion.
* Durability – Are you going to use the pump occasionally or several times a day for months? Check the details so you get a durable one for extended use.
These simple considerations will help you choose the best breast pump for you.